April is National Poetry Month, and there are lots of ways to celebrate. You can:
- Write a poem every day with NaPoWriMo. Daily prompts and encouragement are provided!
- Read a poem every day on Poets.org.
- Watch young people perform slam poetry from Brave New Voices Festival on YouTube.
- Explore the organizations that love poetry: Canto Mundo, Cave Canem, Kundiman, Vona, Split This Rock, and so many more.
- Send someone you love a poem.
“Without poetry, we lose our way.” — Joy Harjo, U.S. Poet Laureate